We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
When MI6 field agent Hattie (Vanessa Kirby), sister of mercenary Deckard Shaw (Jason Statham), is framed for killing her field team and stealing a deadly virus, Shaw and Luke Hobbs (Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson) must team up to save her and the world. The unlikely duo faces the fight of their lives against a cybergenetically enhanced ghost from Shaw's past, Brixton (Idris Elba), who wants to 'upgrade' the best of humanity and eliminate the weakest.
Crime; violence; biowarfare
Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw has some violence. For example:
- There's frequent, high-impact hand-to-hand combat and gun-based violence. People are shot, tasered, hit with objects and so on.
- People drive dangerously and cause harm to other motorists. Brixton crashes through a bus. He's unharmed, but the bus is torn in two.
- Hobbs threatens to tattoo the face of a 'bad guy' if he doesn't reveal information. Hobbs tattoos his forehead anyway, and the man screams in pain. This is presented as funny, but it might upset children.
- A man is trapped in chains and threatened with both a gun and a flamethrower. Other people are also attacked with a flamethrower.
- Hobbs and Shaw are strapped by their necks to generators and shocked with electricity for a prolonged period.
- Brixton breaks a man's neck.
- Hobbs picks up Brixton and slams him headfirst into a rock in a wrestling move.
Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw has some sexual references. For example:
- Women are frequently dressed in a sexualised way. They wear minimal clothing and their cleavages are highly visible. There's a close-up of a woman's bottom in skin-tight hotpants.
- While pointing at a scantily clad woman's chest, Hobbs says, 'Nice tats'.
- Hobbs refers to himself as being 'well endowed'.
Alcohol, drugs and other substances
Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw shows characters drinking spirits and beer.
Nudity and sexual activity
Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw has some sexual activity. For example, Shaw kisses a scantily clad woman intimately before doing a business deal with her.
The following products and brands are displayed or used in Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw: VW, Foreman weights, Mo?t & Chandon, Adidas clothing, smartphones, Triumph motorcycles, Apple MacBook, AirPods, Fiat, Dell computers, Hotmail, LinkedIn, Toyota and Chevrolet.
Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw has some coarse language.
Ideas to discuss with your children
Fast & Furious: Hobbs & Shaw is the first in a spin-off series from the Fast & Furious franchise.
Although it's funny and action-packed, this movie is a fairly predictable action adventure comedy, with frequent violence, high-speed car chases and sexualised depictions of women. It isn't appropriate for children under 13 years because of its violence, coarse language and sexual references. We recommend parental guidance is recommended for children aged 13-15 years.
The main message from this movie is that you can achieve great things working together, even if you're working with people you don't like.
Values in this movie that you could reinforce with your children include the importance of family.
This movie could also give you the chance to talk with your children about real-life issues like:
- the consequences of children playing with explosives
- attitudes toward women and sexualised representations of women.